Thursday, May 5, 2011

Let's give this a try...

So I decided to start a blog. Obviously. I've been trying to figure out a way to stay motivated with working out and eating healthy and thought a blog might be a good way to track my progress and stay focused. I always tell my clients to journal so I thought I'd take my own advice!

After lots of thinking (because let's face it, I overanalyze everything)...I think I'm going to quit Lifetime and start back up again with P90X. Lifetime was going well for about two months, but I've realized that I do better with an at home program because I hate getting ready for work at the gym (and I am not a night time exerciser). I started with Core Synergistics this morning (I'm doing the lean program) but I'm going to officially start the 90 days on Monday.

I'm also a relatively new vegetarian (since the end of February) and this will be a challenge with P90X but I know I can make it work. I was vegan for about a month, but I'm going to start eating eggs again to get that extra protein without adding any carbs. I had my first egg wrap today in over a month and it was fabulous. We get our eggs from an organic local farmer which makes me feel good about eating them.

Well...that's all for now. I hope I can keep this up and I'm seriously hoping it helps with motivation! Encouraging words will definitely be much needed and appreciated!

2 comments:

  1. Do it! A support network helps a ton! After two years of sitting on my butt doing nothing, I finally found the motivation to wake up in the morning and do the Slim In 6 program from Beach Body. But the motivation came strictly from Ro who decided to do p90x. Knowing he was up, working hard, getting skinny, made me feel like I wasn't alone. So if it helps, Ro and I are on board with you! Get to it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks, luedtke! how's the slim in 6? beach body def has good programs that absolutely work if you stick to them. it's just so frustrating that i was doing p90x before and saw such good results and then fell off the wagon! but if i did it once i can do it again! thanks for your support and motivation...it definitely helps! unfortunately not everyone is so supportive!!

    ReplyDelete