Friday, May 6, 2011

Getting ready

I've spent some time today trying to get myself ready for the upcoming 90 days...I really want to do this right. I read up on the p90x nutrition program and realized that I'm going to actually need to increase my calories (which I'm not upset about at all since I love eating). I'm going to need to find some creative ways of adding protein without carbs for the first month, but this should be easier since I've started eating eggs again (and I'll just have to eat lots of salads w/veggie burgers or tofu or tempeh).

I saw my trainer today at Lifetime. She taught me a good strength training routine that I can do at home or at the gym...but the whole thing was only about 40 minutes and that included a good amount of rests in between reps. It was a good workout, but I think I burned significantly less calories than doing one of the p90x videos (thanks to my new heart rate monitor I can see how many calories I'm actually burning!).

So far today I've been doing well with eating...had a peanut butter, banana, honey butter wrap for breakfast and curried red lentils for lunch that me and Jan made last night (omg so good). I'm thinking about going to Whole Foods and getting some fresh fish and veggies to for dinner (I refuse to give up seafood because to me it is one of life's greatest pleasures).

No comments:

Post a Comment