Sunday, May 22, 2011

healthy food disaster

I just got back from a weekend at Ocean City to celebrate a friend's birthday and have a girls weekend. It was a really fun time...we relaxed, had some tropical drinks, talked, and ate...a lot. In an effort to hold myself accountable and not conveniently "forget" what I ate I'm going to write it all down here. It's not pretty. Here we go.

Friday:
Lunch - on the way up we stopped at Applebee's and I got one of their under 550 calories meals. It was shrimp and lots of veggies over whole wheat noodles in a teriyaki sauce. Not too bad health-wise but it tasted like it had a ton of sodium.
Afternoon - two of us were in the hotel room for the majority of the afternoon waiting for the other girls. So we snacked ALL afternoon on pretzels and sun chips. We did take a long walk on the beach but I don't think that made up for all the chips we ate.
Dinner - the other girls got to the hotel late...too late for dinner...so we hit up some late night food. This was pretty bad (but tasted so good). Late night grub included fried pickles (one of my favorites), mozzarella sticks (I only had 1/2 of one since I'm not really eating cheese), and jalapeƱo poppers. Fried food heaven. Add a couple of beers on top of that and that pretty much rounds out my Friday. Healthy food DISASTER!

Saturday:
Skipped breakfast.
Lunch: I wanted to stay away from fried food after Friday. Being vegetarian is hard sometimes when you go out as a lot of the vegetarian friendly foods are often fried (appetizers and such). So I decided to have tuna salad which I'm sure was loaded with fat from full-fat mayo. This came with potato salad that was also I'm sure made with full-fat mayo, so I didn't eat all of the potato salad. This also came with fresh fruit and a hard-boiled egg. I also had a tropical drink called pain in the ass.
Dinner: Seacrets in Ocean City! So fun. And delicious! I had a really good black bean burger with guacamole and salsa (no cheese) but of course it was served with fries. I tried to share them and not eat them all but fries are seriously one of my all time favorite foods. Top dinner with a couple rounds of fruity (way too sweet) mixed drinks and a couple of beers...and Saturday is pretty much another healthy food disaster.

Sunday:
Breakfast - Wawa MTO...not too bad...whole wheat roll with scrambled eggs (no cheese), tomato, onion, and pepper.
Lunch - At home. Phew. Had a few pieces of sushi and some honey nut cheerios. Weird combination I know. I was starving after the long ride home.
Dinner will be fresh mussels over pasta for my mom's birthday.

So. That's my weekend of binging. It was a great weekend and I had a fabulous time with my friends. But it made me realize a big part of why I have a hard time losing weight...WEEKENDS! I eat so well all week and then on the weekends w/social gatherings I tend to throw it all away. Boo. Not good!

So here's my plan...after a week hiatus from p90x I'm going to start week 2 tomorrow. I have a little over 4 months before the wedding which is a good amount of time to tone up in a healthy way. I'm going to focus on eating mindfully, slowly, and eating healthy foods. I'm going to aim to work out 5 days a week (even though p90x is for 6 days...some weeks that is unrealistic). If I'm crunched for time and can't fit in a p90x workout then I'll take Bishop for a run (even the dog is porking up!).

I feel good about this. It's good timing since next weekend is Memorial Day and marks the official start of summer which means bikinis! I felt alright in my bathing suit this weekend but I'd definitely like to feel better and more comfortable with myself. Time to get down to business!

No comments:

Post a Comment