Tuesday, May 10, 2011

2 days down!

Well I've finished the first two days of my second round of p90x! They went pretty well considering I haven't done p90x in months. It's pretty interesting to me...I'm wearing a heart rate monitor this time around and I burn significantly less calories than I thought I did. For Core I burned a little over 350 calories, and for CardioX I only burned 260! I guess it's good that I know this so that I'm not overeating, but it's a little disappointing. Either way the program works because when I was doing p90x before I definitely noticed that I was toning up. Maybe since it incorporates a lot of strength training you are building muscle which helps burn calories throughout the day. Who knows.

I've also been trying to eat better the past two days...since the first phase of the p90x diet calls for more protein and less carbs, I've been having a salad w/balsamic vinaigrette and a veggie chik patty for lunch (I really like the Boca spicy chick patties...like Wendy's spicy chicken sandwich!). Last night I had one of my new favorite recipes, red lentil curry http://allrecipes.com//Recipe/red-lentil-curry/Detail.aspx (I use vegetable broth instead of water and add peas...sooo yummy and so healthy!). Today for dinner we're having fresh brussel sprouts, corn on the cob, and tuna salad. Once I get on the right track of eating healthy it's so much easier to keep it up. Nighttime and weekends are my nemesis so I know I really need to focus on eating healthy at those times.

Tomorrow is shoulders and arms and ab ripper...that's gonna be rough!

No comments:

Post a Comment