Thursday, July 14, 2011

this may be working

My new no-diet plan seems to be going well! I've eaten TONS of fruits and veggies this week and have felt really good. I've not been counting any points, just focusing on making healthy decisions. I even went to Uno's for lunch today and made what I think is a pretty healthy choice...veggie burger w/no bun or cheese (comes with guacamole and salsa) and a side salad with fat-free vinaigrette dressing. It was yummy. What makes me especially happy about all of this is that this has been probably the most stressful week at work since I started 2 years ago and I've still been able to stay healthy. And I feel so much less stressed about eating without counting anything...calories, points, whatever! So far so good. Hopefully I can keep it up this weekend...even while I am going to a wedding.

I've also been pretty good about exercising...I ran on Monday morning..."slept in" on Tuesday (til 6:15) so no work out. Yesterday I did p90x KenpoX (which was a great stress reliever...and I'm feeling it today!) and this morning I ran again. It was such a beautiful morning...I was actually chilly when I first started! Again a really good stress reliever. It's supposed to be nice again tomorrow but I don't want to run too much because it will hurt my knees. So my plan is to maybe take the dogs for a nice walk and then give them a much needed bath. Maybe do a little p90x in there, too. Saturday if my knees feel okay I may go for a run to try to counteract what I will eat/drink Saturday night at the wedding!

We're gonna get pho tonight...Vietnamese noodle soup. It's a favorite of ours and we haven't had it in awhile since it's been so hot. Then we're gonna watch a movie and relax. Relaxation is so needed! Thank goodness we go to Maine on Tuesday!!!

1 comment:

  1. Good work! Keep it up!

    It was so nice yesterday o.m.g. I ran when I got home from work :)

    I hope you have a better day at work today!

    ReplyDelete