Friday, July 8, 2011

feeling a little defeated

To say that I've gotten off track may be an understatement. Two weekends ago I was at a bachelorette party that kind of wrecked my week on Weight Watchers. But I still worked out all week so that was a positive. This last weekend for 4th of July we were at Lake Anna...which meant lots of lounging around, chillin in the water, and eating. And no exercising. Needless to say WW and p90x have been non-existent this week. I'm still trying to focus on being healthy but I am feeling pretty defeated.

Which got me thinking...I HATE how much time I spend thinking about what/how I'm eating and if/when/how I'm working out. I know it's such a societal issue, but I really wish I could just be at a point where I eat healthy, work out most days, and don't obsess about these things. It's just exhausting. I'm trying to get there and I think following some WW principles (eating fruit as snacks) and combining that with eating mindfully (which is so hard) would be the answer. It just seems like everywhere I turn there are either people talking about dieting, infomercials for new diets, or the complete opposite and temptations to get way off track. I know this all comes from self-control and will power (which sometimes I'm not sure I have any of). I just need to focus on being more mindful, eating slower, and really enjoying the taste of my food. I just get so frustrated with how much energy I (and people, society, etc) put into losing weight!

That's my soapbox for now. Clearly I'm not feeling too motivated these days.

1 comment:

  1. I am right there with you! I say never let workouts, and dieting get in the way of having fun with your friends, and know that a week without working out isn't going to make or break you!

    Just work out when you feel the need, if it becomes a chore I never want to do it. you know?

    that is my two cents :)

    ReplyDelete