Monday, September 5, 2011

back in the game

Wow...it's been a long time since I've posted. To say that we've had a lot going on these past 6 weeks is such an understatement...happy times and sad times, but we're getting through everything and learning a thing or two along the way.

Today I'm starting my second Vegan Kickstart program...it's offered through the Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine and is free. I did it back in April (I think) and pretty much it's a 3 week plan to eat a plant-based diet. I enjoyed it before because it helped me try new foods and eat healthier, so I figured I'd give it another shot. I have the iPhone app and get daily emails with recipes and meal plans, so it's actually pretty easy to follow. http://pcrm.org/kickstartHome/

I've also started training for a half marathon...I'm following a plan by Jeff Galloway who promotes injury free running (which is super crucial for me since I have runner's knee in both knees). Pretty much I have 3 runs a week, 2 of which are 3 mile runs and the third run is my long run. The half marathon isn't until March so I have plenty of time to train, which is good because I couldn't run at all last week because I didn't feel good.

For dinner tonight we are making a lentil recipe from Alicia Silverstone's book, The Kind Life (I love love love lentils!). http://www.pcrm.org/kickstartHome/celebrity/silverstone/index.cfm

Less than one month to the wedding (holy crap) so it's time to be healthy!

1 comment:

  1. Im still thinking about running that half marathon with you :)

    Hopefully I will know in the next few weeks.

    ReplyDelete