Friday, June 3, 2011

Restrictor or Permitter?

Week 3 of p90x is almost done! I've had a good workout week with 5 days logged so far. I've followed the p90x schedule except for today when I ran 3 miles with Bishop instead of doing legs and back. I still did abripperx though and I'm starting to see my 2 pack again! So if I wake up tomorrow and get some sort of exercise in that will be the second straight week of working out 6 days! Go me!

I'm still having a hard time with healthy eating. I'm doing the best I can and I'm constantly thinking about it, but I have made some bad eating decisions. Between date nights and Memorial Day bbqs, healthy eating went out the window. I'm actually thinking about starting Weight Watchers on Monday (for some reason it seems easier to start new diets on a Monday). With the points plus program, you can eat as many fruits and veggies as you want for zero points, which is usually what I snack on during the day. I'm just going to need to make sure I'm getting lot of protein (to go w/the p90x workouts) so I may make myself a protein shake everyday. I made a really yummy shake today after my run...one frozen banana, some strawberries, 1/2 scoop Jay Robb's vanilla egg white protein powder, and 1 cup almond milk! Delish.

I read Geenen Roth's book "Women, Food, and God" awhile back and she talks about how most people are either restrictors or permitters (restrictors do well on diets because of the rules and guidelines, permitters feel like they deserve treats every now and then). I'm definitely a restrictor and I think it's because it makes things black and white, which makes things easier for me. But then on the weekends I turn into a permitter, giving myself all the treats I want to reward myself for the hard work of the week! So counterproductive. But, knowing I'm a restrictor gives me confidence that weight watcher will be successful!

Here's a link to a quiz on Oprah to determine if you're a restrictor or permitter....

No comments:

Post a Comment