Sunday, June 5, 2011

weight watchers

Well I've been tossing around the idea of starting Weight Watchers again (I've done it several times in the past and it's always been successful). I usually just start tracking points without actually joining weight watchers and paying the money. But yesterday I was trying on dresses to wear to a friend's bridal shower, and felt like nothing looked good. Even with doing p90x and being vegetarian I am not in the shape I'd like to be in. I think it comes down to eating habits because it's the little pooch in my stomach that I want to go away...and that's where I tend to gain weight first (which hopefully means I will lose that weight first). So yesterday I, sort of impulsively, joined weight watchers online. It was $53 for three months (they are waiving the sign-up fee right now) and I figured if I'm going to do weight watchers I may as well really do it and be serious about it. My wedding is in 4 months so now is a good time to make a commitment to working out and eating healthy. Let's go!

4 comments:

  1. What are the benefits of doing the WW online? Ive never done it, but I feel like I want to. I mean I already have an app for it and I can log my points with that. What else does the online program do, do you know?

    ReplyDelete
  2. first of all you DON'T need weight watchers b/c you are already as skinny as can be! but are you sure you can log points with your app? i had the free app but couldn't calculate or log points until i joined online. but w/the subscription you have access to everything online...all the tons of recipes, community recipes, message boards, challenges, etc. this is the first time i've actually joined...i've always been able to do well w/out really joining. but since i've been struggling recently w/eating healthy i thought i'd give it my all especially since i have this wedding coming up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha thanks, but I have gained like 15 lbs since ive graduated and I wanna lose it :). I am super determined. Ya I can log my points with the app, but you have an Iphone right? its not the same app, I think you have to pay for it on the iphone.

    you can do it! I dont think I can stick with WW. I have this new app called Sparkpeople diet and food tracker, it tells me how many calories I can eat a day in order to get to my goal weight by the date I chose. We will see if it works.

    I might cross check it with the WW app to see how similar they are.

    ReplyDelete
  4. well you look great and don't look like you have 5 lb to lose let alone 15!

    i've done sparkpeople before...it's def helpful if you stick with it. my problem is sticking with anything but, like you, i'm determined this time since i have the wedding keeping me motivated! good luck!

    ReplyDelete